top of page
  • queerincanton

Social Security Gender Change

In order to change the gender marker on your Social Security Card you must,

1. Complete the application for a Social Security Card and attach one of these documents

  1. A Driver's License or State ID with an updated gender marker.

  2. A US Passport with an updated gender marker.

  3. Legal name change order.

  4. A letter from a licensed physician or psychologist certifying the individual has completed transition or is currently transitioning.

2. Submit the application and attachment in person or by mail to any Social Security Administration Office.

Download PDF • 138KB
Physician Letter 2018
Download DOCX • 20KB

84 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page