top of page
  • queerincanton

Passport Gender Change

To change the gender marker on your passport you must,

  1. Submit the following documents (along with fees) in-person to any Passport Acceptance Facility:

    1. A completed application for a U.S. Passport.

    2. Proof of U.S. citizenship (ex: U.S. Passport, certified Birth Certificate, or a certificate of Naturalization)

    3. Proof of identity with your signature (ex: State-issued License or ID)

    4. A 2×2 color photograph of you

    5. Legal name change order (only needed if changing name too)

    6. A letter from a certified licensed physician or psychologist stating that you have transitioned or are in the process of transitioning

    7. The fee to renew a passport or get a new passport.

*Note that f is not necessary if all other documents have the updated gender marker

** Also note if your doctor's letter states you are in the transition process, you will only receive a 2-year passport.

Find more information at the National Center for Transgender Equality.

Download PDF • 298KB
Physician Letter 2018
Download DOCX • 20KB

65 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page